Company: Healthcare Management Company
Location: Hartford, CT
Job Type: Permanent
Title: Director of Informatics
Salary: 120K+, 10-15% bonus
Reports to: VP of IT
Reporting in: Team of BAs, Developers and Engineers
I. POSITION SUMMARY: The Director of Informatics is responsible for directing and overseeing the work of a cross-functional team of business analysts, report writers and database developers to ensure its work aligns with the business objectives of the company. The position is responsible for ensuring that the team meets current operational reporting needs as well as future development of business intelligence, self-service reporting, analytics and other capabilities as needed.
II. PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Adheres to and supports the mission, purpose, philosophy, objectives, policies and procedures.
- Works collaboratively with VP, Information Services & Technology to develop and implement Informatics strategy.
- Following approved roadmap, leads deployment of a comprehensive data management and reporting management platform.
- Proactively translates business strategies into concrete informatics programs. Demonstrates technical expertise, including an in-depth understanding of industry standards & trends for delivering innovative reporting and analytic solutions.
- Determines the strategic direction and day-to-day operations of the Informatics Department in order to meet the needs of users by directing the creation, scoping, planning, prioritizing and management of the division. Evaluates the use of technology and applications to determine priorities, allocate resources and establish project schedules to ensure their timely completion.
- Provides both strategic and tactical advice and recommendations in developing best practices for analysis, reporting, data warehousing, collaboration and business intelligence.
- Directs, coaches and manages the Informatics team as they conduct in-depth analysis such as user business cases, examination of complex data relationships, and application of technology to deliver solutions.
- Develops key process steps necessary for delivering reporting capabilities along with timelines.
- Assesses staff and talent needs to support division. Responsible for hiring, supervising and reviewing Informatics team members.
- Synchronizes report criteria across organization to maintain data integrity and accuracy.
- Provides decision support capabilities for ad hoc analytics and reporting in support of better decision making.
- Effectively guides and manages Informatics department to successful outcomes.
III. MINIMAL QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management Information Science, Computer Science, Economics, Finance or other quantitative field. Master’s degree or extensive experience in health care industry.
- Experience: 7-10 years of experience in medical or financial analysis with at least 3 years in a leadership role.
- Skills & Abilities: Proven team building and managerial capabilities specifically with cross-functional team(s) of technical and non-technical professionals. Ability to operate independently and to a timeline. Strong organizational, analytical and project management skills. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Exposure to clinical data analysis and healthcare provider processes a significant plus. Solid knowledge and experience with relational database management, data warehousing and business intelligence. Thorough understanding of application development methodologies.
- Knowledge: Familiarity in Microsoft SQL 2008/2012 (including t-sql, stored procedures, triggers, functions, SSIS, SSRS). Knowledge of Team Foundation Services and/or other Project Management applications a plus. Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services. SFTP. Strong MS Office skills required. Must be detail oriented and have a commitment to quality. Demonstrated success at building team relationships and partnerships across organizational lines. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects going on at the same time. Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services and SharePoint knowledge a plus.
- Certification: No certification necessary.